I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Allysims (writer of Alienated – an Alien Adoption Challenge I’m somewhat obsessed with, as well as somebody who builds houses on purpose and is also writing the Labeikovsky Legacy) – check it out!
I’m not totally sure what the Leibster Award is but I like talking about myself, so here goes!
Allysims’ Questions for Me:
- What writer, and which of their works, has influenced you the most as a writer? Easily Terry Pratchett. All of his works (I can’t pick one!) but if I had to narrow it down, it would be his books about the Witches – but his work has stuck with me for years (it doesn’t hurt that I reread it all the time as well)
- You begin to wonder wether, or not, you could write a work in the second person…could you? You know that you can, because you have done so, years ago, in college… but you haven’t read that story in years and even though you mean to, it just hasn’t happened because so many things get in the way, such as answering questions.
- How old were you when you started writing stories? Young. Like 4 or 5. The first story I remember writing (and finishing) was about Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?, but I also just typed a lot of things on my Mom’s old typewriter.
- When you hit writer’s block, how do you “cure” it? Walks, whiskey, and working out.
- What did you want to be when you grew up? An actor.
- How do you view your belongings? What do they mean to you? I know minimalism is a thing, but I’m not a huge fan… I have stuff because I want it, mostly as a reminder of things I’ve done or things I want to do. Everything I have is special… except I’m a packrat so some of it isn’t special, I just don’t want to throw it away.
- What SimLit piece are you absolutely addicted to at the moment and why (please give a link to it so we all can check it out)? Ashes 2 Ashes,
- What advice do you have for someone new to SimLit writing? I don’t have any advice – I’m new to it myself!
- Where is your happy place? The water, in it or around it. Also the local pub.
- What’s your favorite way to wind down and relax? Reading, game nights, and good friends to spend it with.
- If you had the power to make your very own planet, what would it look like? Would it be inhabitable? It would be round and green and that’s about as far as I’d get. Of course it would be inhabitable!
My questions for my nominees:
- What is a song that you hate, and why?
- If you could meet one person who died more than 150 years ago, who would it be?
- What is your favorite joke?
- What is something you’ve done that you’re super proud of?
- If you could have any job in the world, would it involve dogs?
- Who is your favorite literary character? Why?
- What is one trope that you never want to see ever again, in any medium?
- When is the last time you looked up at the sky to watch the stars?
- What is one thing that you wish somebody would ask you?
- Imagine a magician who can only do five small tricks, but they all use real magic (eg he or she can really pull a rabbit out of a hat, he can find any card you pick, he can really pull a coin from behind your ear, etc.). Knowing this, is she or he more or less impressive than Chuck Norris?
- What sound does hope make?
- Raerei, author of Ghost of a Chance
- Blue, author of The Miskin Legacy
- Wendelyne, author of The Ladies of Newcrest
- LegacySims2017, author of House of Pancakes
- Bugsie2016, author of The Burton Legacy
- SamAsASm, author of How to Live with Grace, Pine Point, and Glassbolt Prison
- KaylaHoliday, author of The Woodward Legacy
- MatthewRodney, author of Pax: A Legacy Story
- Skcaga6, author of On the Hunt
- SydCupcakes, author of The Etheswiths Disney Princess Legacy
- xMike_Bx, author of Murder Valley Sims